It's a girl thing

Wednesday, May 26, 2010



Can a girl have too many pillows? Probably! But I do love them. I am one of those people who has to take all the pillows off the bed each night and put them back on in the morning. I don't mind at all though and my sweet husband never complains.
My children have learned to sleep with all their pillows on their beds as so not to have to put them on again in the morning. It is kind of clever actually. One day we had our good friends the Zecks over and we were in the girls room and Sean (being Sean) upon seeing the mountain of pillows on the girls beds said, "oh, now I see where you women get it from, it is ingrained in you from early on!" He is probably right.
I have been wanting to make some new pillow's for our living room and I finally found some fabric that I have been looking for. I had some natural colored fabric left over from another project and thought I would make some pillows with birds on them, inspired by a picture I saw on the internet (I also have this thing with birds, I don't know why, I just love them too!) I am not finished with all the pillows yet but I was so pleased about how the first ones turned out, and they were so easy to make, that I just thought I'd share. (You might even be able to tell from the picture that I didn't even take the time to sew up the bottoms of the bird pillows before I took the picture) I love being a girl!

3 comments:

  1. so how did you make the bird one? Did you buy material with it on it or did you put it on??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the birds on. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean still complains about all my pillows.

    ReplyDelete