Lyla

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We finally met Lyla, and she is every bit as sweet as I knew she would be. I also knew upon seeing her that I would want to take her home with me - I was right. But since Julianne and Mike were adamant about keeping her, this only left me 1 option. I found myself contemplating, "Could I? Could I really do it again?" I held that baby for as long as I could, wishing that somehow, someway I could have another baby. Not through pregnancy again, not ever again. I just wanted someone to hand me a baby and say, "Here, for you!" On the way home I asked Darren, "Isn't she the most beautiful? Do you think that we will ever have another baby? Don't you just sometimes wish, if only for a moment?" To which my wise and loving husband replied, "Yes....but no one is knocking". There it is - the truth I already knew. There will be no more babies for us, at least not through pregnancy anyways. And I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if the day ever comes that 1 of God's children is meant to come to us by some different means, that we will know, because we will feel them knocking on our hearts.

Congratulations Mike and Julianne! 
We love you.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all came for a visit. I know for a fact that Lyla will fall asleep in your arms any day!...in your arms not your car or suitcase :)jks. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete