purging & paint

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our main bathroom has been in need of a fresh coat of paint. No matter how much I scrubbed the wainscoting, it still looked dirty. In order to do this properly the vanity needed to be taken out. This wasn't a huge deal as it is a stand alone piece. We just had to disconnect a few pipes and pull it out. While it was out I decided that I might as well paint it white too (I know, shocker!). It took 6 COATS and a new set of handles!!! But I am finally finished and the bathroom is back together and looking so fresh and clean. 

{before}


{after}

While my friend Rachel was spring cleaning her house she put together a box of things she thought I would like. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised. It was like Christmas! 
She gave me a large crock, which I am using to hold new rolls of tissue paper and a pot for my Ikea plant. I love them. I could not thank you enough! They were the perfect finishing touches for this bathroom makeover!








3 comments:

  1. OH gorgeous bathroom! I love the window!
    The vanity looks much better white. I'm not a big fan
    of black...this looks calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the crock and I love the vanity white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should have gone hot pink:) JK, looks great.

    ReplyDelete