birthday bugs

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Saturday we went to the Victoria Bug Zoo as a family to celebrate Bergen's 10th birthday. This is all he wanted to do. As much as I don't prefer bugs in real life, (I like to pretend that I am tough and that I am really not afraid of bugs in the hopes that my children will learn that there is nothing to be afraid of. I can keep my cool...... until they touch me unexpectedly - then I scream and dance around until I am sure it is off, feeling for the remainder of the day that I still have bugs crawling on me) with a good glass case between them and myself I am all for it!! This place is fascinating. 



Nya meets Pinky, the tarantula!




 Emma going in for a close-up.




 Nya held out her hands to touch every single bug - most of them bigger than her hand.



 And just before the batteries died in both of the cameras we brought with us I was able to get this picture of Bergen. 
He is the only 1 of the kids that would brave the millipede on his face!


Bergen, You came to me 10 years ago as the best Mother's Day present I have ever received. I love your energy. I love your laugh. You are such an amazing son. You are such a talented person. I am in awe of watching you grow and seeing your many talents develop. You are so dear to me. Thank you for your late night hugs. Thank you for being my son. Happy birthday, love mom

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of bergen and his bug unibrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can't believe how huge those bugs are :) Happy Birthday Bergen!

    ReplyDelete