I hope....

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I found this picture here (this blog has some really great free printables), via Pinterest, and I knew I wanted to put it here, in the boys room. So, I sent the picture off to Walmart, bought a frame, and put the 2 together. Now every time I walk into the this room, it is the first thing I see, and it makes me wonder. 

Although Tate tells me that he never wants to grow up to be a man (we have been learning about Peter Pan), I know the day will come when I will be sending my sons out into some part of the world that they have probably never been, for 2 years. I wonder of these boys I now raise. I wonder what they will be like. I worry, of course. Will I be able to get them there, to the place a boy becomes man? 

I wish for them to be just like their dad. I imagine the men they will become, and my heart feels hope. 
I may not be able to walk them through to manhood, but I will do my best to get them to the threshold. And with the Lord's help they will go, and grow, and return, no longer the boys I sent out, but men of God.

{I was going to clear off the dresser before I took this picture, but for the sake of a friend (you know who you are!) I left it as is. The way you would find it if you were actually in our home - complete with Mater riding the plane!}



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE mater riding the plane! I'll have to show Aubrey in the morning!

    ReplyDelete