let it grow

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We went to see The Lorax last weekend. Just Darren and I, no children accompanied us. We felt slightly guilty as we looked around the theater and saw all the parents and grandparents with their wee dates. We were tempted to run home and gather our children up and bring them back with us. But this was our date night, and there was no time, so we sat, childless, and watched. 

Every time I read a Dr. Seuss book to my children I have this longing inside to thank him for all the messages he teaches through the pages of his imagination. I wish I could have met him, and although he is gone, I am grateful that his life's work will live forever and capture a place in the hearts of each new generation.

I love this movie. I love the fact that the 2 main characters, Ted and Audrey, were named after Dr. and Mrs. Suess. I love the messages (for there is more than one) that it teaches. I even had to hold back the tears at the end of the movie as the whole town broke out into song. (It is a fact and I can't say that I like it, but I cry at kids movies, and books for that matter. Really, it's ridiculous. And although I try and hide the fact that I do, Darren always catches me. He, on the other hand, thankfully, thinks it's the sweetest thing.) 



And speaking of going green -  I was in need of a new lip balm and shampoo and conditioner. I set out to Walmart to buy the same old safe thing I always do, when I saw these. I rarely try new products, because I cannot stand wasting money on cosmetics. Since I know so very little about them, I have all too often bought something, not liked it, and never used it again. It then sits in my cupboard because I spent good money on it and I cannot bring myself to throw it away. But the pretty packaging and the natural, enviro-friendly ingredients tempted me and so I bought. 

I am so glad I gave them a try. Not only are they made from natural ingredients, they smell so clean and fresh, not at all heavy and perfumed. My hair and lips are happy and hydrated. I LOVE these products. And so I thought I'd share!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!