vitamin D

Thursday, May 31, 2012



Darren booked our tickets last night, and in 8 months, if all goes according to plan, we will be in Hawaii.

My first thought, "Who will care for the children!?" My next, "I need a decent swim suit". 

I have had the same suit for 9 years now. It is not the age that is the issue, but the fact that it is a maternity suit. I do have another, one I bought from Superstore a couple of years ago. I love it, but it is a one piece. Having worn only tankinis for longer than I can remember, I was quickly reminded as to why I abandoned the poor one piece the instant I found out about the tankini. Pretty? Yes! Practical in a pinch or on a surf board? Not at all! And it is a halter style strap. I can't actually wear it for very long without getting a headache. I don't have much to support but it bothers my neck nonetheless.


So I have been on the lookout ever since for one that I can wear for longer periods of time. I knew it needed to be in two pieces, not halter style, and cover as much of me as possible. I, for one, like to make sure that everything that should be inside the swim suit remains inside the swim suit. I have heard such great things about Hapari Swimwear, and I have been wanting to order one in particular for quite a few months now. With our tickets booked, I thought I had better order it before it sells out and I am left to the searching once more.


I do hope it fits and keeps all my parts where nature {originally} intended them to be.

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting!
    Have you checked out Downeast Basic swimsuits? They have some super cute ones. Just another thing to shop for in Seattle!!

    ReplyDelete