when the sun sets late

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

As summer approaches and it begins to stay lighter, later, we are left with 3 hours of daylight after bedtime. What to do with all those hours? Sometimes we stay up and spend that time enjoying the great outdoors. Other days I need bedtime to get here as fast as it can. It is then that we read, everyone in their respective beds. 

This is the stack of books Emma came home from the library with.



We either need better blinds to block out that sunlight or bigger muscles to carry those 
ever increasing stacks of books if we are to get through these summer months!


Did I ever tell you how much I love my ginger-snap? Her personality matches her hair in all the best ways. 
She is one of the most unique people I have ever met. She teaches me daily not to take life so seriously. 
She does her own thing and doesn't care or even notice that she may be the only one dancing to the music in her head!


This is Nya re-telling me a story about balloons, just as the Librarian did today during story time.
It is a personal favorite of mine when she pretends to be all grown up and speaks to me as if I am the
 child and everything I do is the most fantastic achievement. 
I quite welcome hearing things like, "Yes, that's right!", "Good job!", and, "You did it!" 
If my 3 year old thinks I can do it, who am I to argue? 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!