potluck

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This afternoon Noelle asked if she could make deviled eggs for dinner. I told her that deviled eggs didn't really constitute dinner. She then asked if she could make them as part of dinner. She also thought it would be fun if everyone made something for dinner as well. 4 hours and about a thousand dirty dishes later, we enjoyed a delicious dinner with a contribution from everyone.

~ Deviled Eggs by Noelle ~


~ Garden Salad (with lettuce from our actual garden) by Nya ~


~ Potato Skins by Emma ~ 


~ Spaghetti Squash by Bergen ~


~ Lemon Cake (using a recipe from Tate's Bake Shop cookbook) by Tate, of course ~


How can I, I of all people, be raising such incredible chefs? 
As much as I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my children this afternoon, 
I can honestly say that I wanted out of that kitchen as much as one could want. 
But the memories will be sweet, I know, and so I stay and teach and cook, 
even though I am bursting inside to escape.

 Excuse me will you? I have a date with the dishwasher!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. All those dishes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you let them all contribute to the meal. You are great for sticking it out!! And I must say that dinner looks divine!

    ReplyDelete