getaway

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I have had an overwhelming desire to escape - escape my life, not my family, but my phone, my laundry, my dirty bathrooms, my responsibilities. 
I have had this feeling all summer, but where to go, and when, for how long? 

Thursday afternoon I had to go down to Sidney for a doctors appointment, with all little ones in tow. 
The more I thought about going the more I thought about not coming home. 
So I called Tracey and asked her if we could "camp" at her house for the weekend. 
After she said they would be home and happy to have us I called Darren to make the arrangements. 
I would go, and he would come down after work with the tent trailer and we would spend the weekend in Sidney.
It was exactly what I needed.

I wasn't quite ready to leave, but life does go on and responsibilities will not be forgotten forever.
So here we are - home again.
Peace out!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!