trim

Monday, September 17, 2012

 The staining is almost done. We just have the 2 very most high peaks of the house to do. I cannot reach them, even with the highest ladder, so Darren is going to finish the job. I haven't minded doing the work up until this point. It was hard, balancing on the top of a ladder and on peaks of the roof, contorting myself into inhuman positions, pinching my neck and back up as I went, but in the end I feel such a sense of accomplishment. Not in a prideful way. The entire time, as I would look around to see just how many more shingles I had to go and began to believe I would never finish, I changed my thinking and began to be grateful for a body that would allow me to work long and hard.
This morning we woke up early to add the trim to the windows. The windows never had trim around them, ever. It has always looked unfinished. I have been looking forward to this for a long time, but the staining had to come first, yet another motivator.


 You can see in this picture below the dark water and weather stains on the shingles between the windows. 
These did not get stained, because we knew we were covering them up anyhow.
That is what the whole house used to look like despite a good power washing.













Still more to do, but for now we are off to Walmart to get supplies, of the school variety that is - it starts today!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! Great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How satisfying to get it done!! Well done. I love the stain colour you chose. I didn't notice that there was no trim before, but now that it is on - what a difference it makes! :) BEAUTIFUL home!

    ReplyDelete