luckiest girl

Thursday, October 6, 2016



Tuesday evening just after dinner Darren surprised me with saying that he thought I needed an evening out with the girls. He would be taking over at home and we were free to go to the movies! So off we went to see Storks. The next morning Nya awoke tired from the late night and asked if she could stay home and go back to bed. Stay home she did, but she never made it back to bed. I had things to do and she came along for the ride. Nanaimo was my first stop. I had to go to Lowe's to pick up a pedestal sink for the new house. As we walked around the store, her little hand in mine, she blissfully declared, "All my friends are at school, and I'm here with you. I'm the luckiest girl in the world!" The luckiest girl in the world? My heart was filled to bursting. It doesn't take anything grand to show our children love. They really do, for the most part, just want us. Such was the theme of the movie we'd just watched the evening before. Time. With us. The rest of the day went the same, no matter what we did, she thought she was so lucky just to be with me! This morning she crawled out of bed and got herself ready for school as usual and routine took over. I'm so grateful I listened to the needs of her little heart yesterday and kept her home with me. She felt loved in the simplest of ways and I will have those memories forever. No regrets, not a single one. I can't think of a anything she could have learned at school yesterday that would have been more important than the way her sweet soul was filled with the knowledge that she is mine and I am hers and she is loved. As for myself, I was left with the reaffirmation that I am so blessed. And she doesn't even understand that the luckiest girl in the whole wide world isn't her . . . it's me!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!