Yucky Mom

Friday, August 22, 2008



******************Bergen, 3 Years Old**************

Every so often I like to "check in" with my kids and see how they feel I am doing as a mom. Yesterday was one of those days. Upon asking the kids if I was a good mom or a yucky mom, the girls, who of course are sensitive to my feelings and know to tell me what I want to hear, said good mom! Heaven bless them. Bergen on the other hand hesitated, put his little hand up to his chin, as if in deep thought and then asked me, "do you want me to say what you want me to say?". I told him that I wanted him to tell me how he really feels. This is what he said. I think your a yucky mom. In response to my question of why do you think that, he said, "because you put me in time out every time I hit". I tried not to let him see me smile. If giving your kids a consequence for their less effective choices and trying to teach them to be decent people makes you a yucky mom, then I guess I am one of the meanest moms around!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!