Couches For Christmas

Monday, December 15, 2008





For Christmas dinner this year everyone is coming up to our house and we could not be more excited, with one exception. A few months ago Darren and I sold our sofas in order to get new ones. That was in September and we have yet to replace them with anything, for many reasons. For one thing we can't find exactly what we want, probably because we aren't sure what it is that we want and for another we are still saving for them. Enter dilemma. Where is everyone going to sit when they come for Christmas? I was looking on Used Victoria the other day I saw an ad with a sofa for sale in Victoria for $400. It was neutral and in decent shape so I showed Darren. I thought that we could purchase it and use it for Christmas and until we figured out what to get for the living room and even use it in another room after. Darren didn't really want to spend that much for something we didn't really love and that was only going to be temporary, so he looked around some more on Used Victoria and found the exact same sofa with a matching love seat for only $160 and it was located right here in Duncan. That's my guy! So even though they aren't what we really wanted, they look o.k. and work even better and when we are ready to buy something else we can always resell them and at the very least make our money back. I feel very blessed. Now what to do about the fact that they make my wall color look like something from a baby's diaper.

2 comments:

  1. umm, you can sell them to us when you're done with, why not keep the tradition going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the love of all that is sane......don't paint your walls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete