Baby Hungry

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I know what you're thinking, How could you possibly be baby hungry when you just had a baby? All I can say is that I don't understand it either. Nya is still a little baby, not newborn, but I still get the sweet little old ladies and the cute toddlers (who are not much more than babies themselves) stopping to see her and just stare in awe over a baby, but to me each day that passes is another day she grows away from being my little baby. I know that this is part of life, that she is really God's child, that this is what is suppose to happen, but what do I do with the sadness? I have heard friends say that they just had a feeling of completion when they were done their families. I cannot stress enough how much I NEVER EVER want to be pregnant again, but I have an ache. My concern is what do I do with it if it doesn't pass, why do I have to get so sick when I am pregnant, will I ever get that finished feeling? I cannot have babies forever, but I just wish the longing would go.

2 comments:

  1. Shelli,
    you are so sweet. your genuine love for your children is beautiful. if we could only keep them small forever:) You are a wonderful young mother that can do anything. that being: having children forever, or turning a big thought and feeling in your heart into a small one that will one day be gone.
    i promise to have more babies for you to hold, and then you can give them back to me when they cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli, I know how you feel. I never had gotten that feeling until I was pregnant with Reece. (He is 9 months old now). I never had that feeling of being done and I think people thought I was crazy. Now I do have that feeling and I know what that feeling is like. I am sorry that you get so sick during pregnancies. You are amazing for having 5 kids when you get so sick. My sister also gets very sick and just had her 3rd and she is done. I would see just see what happens. I think you will know when you are done. I am so happy now we have our 6 kids and we are now moving to the next chapter in our lives from having kids to raising them. It is sad they grow up so fast also. Well, good luck. My advice is you will know. So good luck. Take care and enjoy that beautiful island that you live on. We sure miss it. We hope to come out sometime and visit. Take Care. Carrie

    ReplyDelete