A Full Heart and a Happy Home

Friday, December 25, 2009









Merry Christmas 2009! This year we decided, as a family, that we would make all our Christmas gifts, in order to help our children (and ourselves) internalize what the spirit of Christmas is really all about. For us it has been such a wonderful way to spend the Christmas season. Whenever I went to the store for something and saw everyone out shopping for gifts, I felt such relief at the thought that I didn't have to fight crowds and spend more than necessary. Instead, I have seen my children being very creative and thoughtful about what they could make for others. Darren and I have also had such fun making gifts for our family. I felt like I was an elf in Santa's workshop painting and assembling wooden toys for the kids. And they turned out pretty cute! There were not piles and piles of gifts under our tree this year and yet everyone feels special and happy, all busy playing with the few things they did receive. I am grateful for Christmas - I love the music, the lights, the decorations, the food, the friends and family, the shopping (I do like shopping). I am grateful for my husband who is still assembling toys with the boys, grateful that I don't have to figure it out how to, grateful that is a priority to him and grateful that he still has the spirit of a little child. I am grateful for children that have big hearts and think about others, and how they can help, serve and give. I am grateful for my warm safe home this Christmas day. I am grateful!

1 comment: