


We received a wheat grass juicer for Christmas this year from Darren's parents and I think it is the greatest thing! The kids and I get to grow the grass in a tray in the house (great school project). It only takes about 10 days - you can almost watch it grow and it is the most amazing green color (I love green). The kids were so excited to harvest and juice the first batch and less excited about tasting it. If you have never tasted it, it is not something that can be described. It has the strongest flavor, so needless to say although all the kids tried it, they did not ask for seconds. But since it has such good nutritional benefits and the kids really do like to grow, harvest and juice it, we will do it again. Next time though, I will hide it in a smoothie!
The funniest thing was having the young women over for an activity and getting them to try it! They were even more entertaining to watch than the kids! Thanks for being such great sports girls!
I tried hiding it in a smoothie and it did not work. It only made a really good smoothie, really bad. I have found that only really strong pineapple juice (straight from a can of pineapple) can mask it a little bit. It is the smell in the whole house that makes it impossible to mask in something. Good luck.
ReplyDelete