On Saturday I was able to sneak away for a little while to go and pick up 2 mirrors from Superstore for our bedroom. I was however feeling guilty all the way there, and was already talking myself out of it. When I got there I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home. It turned out to be a really good thing though. I went in anyways and had another look at the mirrors. I really do like them, but I was having a hard time convincing myself to spend $50 on each mirror (hence the guilt). Since I had to go home and get my wallet anyways, I thought I might as well have a look at Winners, just in case they had anything. I can almost always find something I like there. Less often do I find 2 of the same kind though - like lamps and candle sticks. So I was very excited when I found 2 mirrors that were the right shape and had a frame that I liked. The only thing is that they were black and I wanted white. But this is not usually a deterrent for me - I will spray paint almost anything. And the very best part was that they cost $20 each - $20 dollars! I had the girl at the front hold them for me while I went home to get my wallet and happily walked out of the store with 2 mirrors for less than the cost of 1 from Superstore. I probably would never have actually bought the more expense mirrors anyways so in the end it all worked out for the best. I am now 1 step closer to completing our room.
(I also spent another $5 on something for our bedroom that I almost talked myself out of because I wasn't sure if it would work or if it was worth it. I am so glad I got it!)
(I also spent another $5 on something for our bedroom that I almost talked myself out of because I wasn't sure if it would work or if it was worth it. I am so glad I got it!)
I love winners! Well done Shelli!
ReplyDeleteI found 2 matching lamps at the one in Duncan when we were there at Christmas and didn't get them. Then I called my mom when we got home and had her go buy them for me! Sometimes I'm not spontaneous enough!
ReplyDeleteI think you chose well, because with these white, they'll look perfect!
ReplyDeleteWinners always comes through!!
ReplyDeleteThese mirrors will look lovely painted white!
Pamela :)
Nice find! I also have a hard time finding more than one of the same item. It was meant to be! :)
ReplyDelete