expectations

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I realize that it is not the events of the day but my own unrealized expectations. I expect that my children should behave a certain way, and then they don't. I expect my 3 year old to use the washroom instead of her underpants when she has to go, and then she doesn't. I expect certain things of my husband and friends, a phone call or an e-mail. When these expectations are not met it is disappointing and discouraging. I need to remember that I cannot expect anything of anyone. I have no control or right to place my expectations onto others. They have no responsibility to live up to them. When we live free from expectations of this kind, we are free to live life and take, with a joyful heart, whatever it has to offer. We are able to appreciate the moments

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!