At the end of May my heart is light and the skies seem extra blue - Summer is here {in regards to the end of homeschool, that is}.
In August the panic and doubt start to creep back in.
Slowly.
In from the back door, disguised as unease.
Another year is approaching, and I have yet to begin to prepare.
I will be, once again, responsible for the education of these children.
Daunting.
But this year is going to be different. I say that every year, but this year... this year it really, truly is.
I pray for help and guidance.
And then I being my planning.
The ideas fill my mind so quickly I fear I will not be able to remember them.
I scramble for paper and I feel that peace that always comes - everything will be okay. It will all work out.
They will learn. I can teach. And we will have fun.
I read this not long ago on pinterest and decided that it would be my personal theme for this year of home schooling:
And for the children:
You have to have a sense of humor if you're gonna make it out alive!
What ever your style of learning, from our home {school} to yours, have a good one!
As for Long Beach - It was damp and cold, with some sun, but still so much fun.
I was so careful in my packing. I packed enough clothes for 10 children, but when it came to shoes,
they grabbed what they did on the way out the door. You would think I would check at least Nya,
but she always gets her shoes, and I assumed she would pick her crocs. But no.
Not good enough for this lady. She prefers to camp in ballet flats!
(we stopped and bought her some flip-flops on the way)
Nya did not leave my sight. Not for one minute of one day.
Wherever I went, there too you could find Nya.
Whereas the other children where off with their cousins and friends.
Therefore, most of the pictures I took were of Nya.
And if you like mexican food, and you are ever up Tofino way, please promise me you will eat here!
I waited for 45 minutes and paid $11 dollars for the BEST fish burrito I have ever eaten,
and I would do it again!
And when good shoes are in need of a wash, I put them in the machine.
When they come out I fill them will cloths and let them air dry. They always come out great.
And I figure if shoes are wrecked anyway, why not give it a go.


















No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!