Mommyhood
Friday, February 8, 2008
I talked to my dear friend Kirsten today, she is days away from having her 6th baby. ! daughter and 4 sons later, they were very delighted to find out that this baby is a girl! She told me how excited everyone is for this much awaited for baby. It reminded me that I love being a mom, not every minute, not even every day, but so much more than I could describe. Some days I want to forget and some days I want to remember forever. The days I want to forget are the days that I don't feel patient enough, strong enough, soft enough, good enough, yet somehow they continue to love me anyways. I need to ask myself if I return the same unconditional love towards them that they so freely show me. I am grateful for the trials (I know) as they help me grow and I hope when all is said and done that my children will be better for having me as their mother, but most importantly I will be better for having had them as my children.
Yahoo! I am so glad you are a blogger now it will be fun to check in on you this way from time to time. I just read your first couple of blogs...you inspire me! I am lucky to call you my friend. I am so grateful for you!
ReplyDeleteShelli, I just started a blog two days ago. I can't believe we haven't talked since I have been home. Your Blog is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteTracey