End Of The Year Girls Party

Sunday, June 22, 2008








On Friday, we had an end of the year party for the little girls in Noelle's class. All 12 of them were invited and all 12 came. It was so nice to have them all there. My friend Jenn McNutt sells Stamping up card making and scrapbooking supplies. She also throws parties for people who are interested. I asked her if she would come and do some projects with the girls. She came and they made the cutest things. Each girl made a pad of paper, a doorknob hanger for their bedrooms and a scrapbbook to put pictures of their friends in. Following Jenn's instructions they all made their crafts, with no help from any adult. They did the most amazing job. I am so impressed with how well everything turned out. It was one of the best parties we have ever had. I just made the food and helped where I could. No entertainment or game preparation was needed on my part. Noelle has taken a real interest in sewing. As a parent it is so fun to see her interests and talents emerge and it is something that she and I can share together. She wanted to sew something for each of her friends so we decided that it would be fun to sew a little bag for each girl that they could use to carry home their projects in and use later as well. She sewed 14 little pink bags, one for herself and her sister as well as her 12 guests. I helped her a bit with that, but for the most part she made them herself. She did an awesome job. I love little girls. They were such atreat to have over and it was such a pleasure to do that for Noelle and all her friends. After the party Noelle asked if we could do it again next year. I think we are going to have to make it a tradition.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!