My dad had 3 sons and 1 daughter. He was always building something, and it was his daughter, not his sons that wanted to learn how to use his tools to create things. Since I got married, I passed the torch to Darren to build things for me. It is about time I started learning again and did some things myself. I had a couple of projects I wanted to do this week, so I got to work. He helped me figure out a few things and he showed me how to use some of his bigger tools, but I did it! I feel like a 4 year old! Darren was actually quite sweet - I think he felt proud and protective all at the same time. He even said at one point, "I like seeing you use the air nailer, it's kinda cool!"(this is a tool that I don't like to be within 10 feet of, normally).
I will show you what I built tomorrow. It is not the prettiest thing that will ever grace my blog, but it was needed, it is functional and I BUILT IT MYSELF!
Sweet Emma took these pictures of me (it was her V.I.P. tonight). She thought it was pretty funny that mom was using the tools and not dad!
Cool! I can't wait to see what you made!
ReplyDelete