blessed

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

People like to tell me how blessed I am. I have 5 healthy, happy kids. I should feel blessed.
But what about those days I don't feel I can handle such abundance? Sometimes I do need to be reminded that my cup over flows, but sometimes I want someone to tell me just how strong I am to be able to deal with everything these littles throw at me. It makes me believe in myself again. It fills me with hope. Somehow these words uplift and empower. They make me believe that I am strong and that I can do this calling as mother. Some days when I feel like I have been thrown into a whirlwind, the days that every thing that can go wrong seems to, and every child under my roof seems to be unable to ignore the little voice inside their heads telling them that naughty is much more fun, when I feel grumpy and tired and lost and alone, I need to be told that I am strong!

And then I begin to see the blessings in the midst of the storm.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!