Happy 7th Birthday Bergen!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008








It was Bergen's 7th birthday on the 10th of May. For the past year whenever anyone would ask me how old Bergen was I would say, he is 5. I would say that because I couldn't believe that he was 6, because if he was 6 then that meant that he would be turning 7 and there was no way that my little boy was going to be 7 already. He would quietly say mom I'm 6. I would shake my head in disbelief and say, oh your right, he is 6. It was the week of mother's day when I had my first little boy and it was the best mother's day present ever. I grew up with three younger brother's. It is important to state that they were younger because there was no protecting of the baby sister. I was very much the older nagging sister, expected to baby sit a pack of hooligan's who had no intent on listening to anything I had to say. One of there favorite thing's to do, of course, was to practice their karate moves on me, without actually touching me, therefore not getting into trouble when I would complain to our parents. Needless to say I wasn't quite so sure that I wanted to have little boys. When I was expecting Bergen I just knew it was a boy and when I was 4 months pregnant with him Darren and I were asked to portray Mary and Joseph in the Christmas pageant. It was such an amazing experience for me, playing Mary carrying Baby Jesus, just knowing that I was carrying a son as well. When I had Bergen I was surprised at the feeling's that I had for him. I didn't love him any less or any more that I did Noelle, but so very differently. He was my little man. I adored him in a way that I can't describe, that I still feel for him. He doesn't let me kiss him anymore and I can barely get a hug. I don't hear I love you as often as I used to, but when he is tucked up in bed and he asks he to lay with him for a while, I know that he needs and loves me. Even though he expresses it in a different way and needs me in a different way, he still needs me. I am so very greatful for the gift of Bergen. My life would not be the same without him. Happy birthday my little man!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!