It's A Girl!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
I have not had my new baby yet, but we are very excited to announce that it is a girl! I have been pregnant 5 times now and every time I have had a feeling as to what we were having. I am now 5 for 5. I told Darren that maybe we should keep going and see how many times we can get it right! The man who performed the ultra sound asked what number baby this was and upon hearing the answer he asked if we were going to have another after this. I said no, this is the last. He asked, did you say that last time? To which I had to confess that I did. He responded with, see you next year! He was very entertaining. He asked us if we would like to know what it is, if he could tell and we both agreed that we would like to know. When he told us I didn't really even feel excited, my first thought was, I know, you didn't really need to tell me. That is how sure I was. At this point I really didn't have a preference as to what I wanted. With 2 girls and 2 boys, either one would have been welcome. But I must say that I am so very glad that it is a little girl, as that is why Darren and I went ahead with the 5th child. We both had a very strong impression that there was another daughter for our family. I really do hope that this is the last impression that we receive as I don't feel strong enough to do this again. But when you get an impression like that, which I consider a great blessing, you can't ignore it, not for very long anyways. This baby is already such a part of our family that even the thought that we almost didn't go ahead with it makes me feel like crying. When we were first expecting we asked the kids what they thought it was going to be and everyone, excluding Tate, thought girl. Noelle wants a girl so that she can be like her older cousin Lauren and carry around her little sister. Bergen because in his grade one brain, conditioned the see, think about and create patterns noted that this is the way our family pattern goes. It makes perfect sense to him. Girl, boy, girl, boy, girl, of course! Emma, I believe, just has sisterly intuition, for as long as we have ever talked about having a 5th child she has been sure that if it ever did happen, it would be a girl. Tate on the other hand was sitting on my hip as I lay on the bed on my side. Darren can into the room and Tate jumped with excitement. Darren cautioned him to be careful of the baby inside my tummy. To which he looked down at my tummy and said, Un, uh! I agree with him a lot of the time. He whole idea that a person can grow another is too hard to believe. Now if you ask him if there is a baby in my tummy he says, uh, huh and then proceeds to lift his shirt and look at his tummy. Maybe if mom has a baby in her, then I do too. Needless to say we are all very excited to meet our newest little member!
YEAH!! Sooo exciting!! She is so lucky to be coming to such a great family!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited, I wanted another girl, well....I wanted you to have another girl that I can play with.
ReplyDelete