
PACIFIC UNDERSEA GARDENS





BEACON HILL PETTING FARM


MINIATURE WORLD


We took advantage of the annual 'Be a tourist in your own town' event that the city of Victoria puts on every year. We went down on Wednesday and Thursday. The sun was out, parking was abundant and the streets were pretty bare. Maybe because it was mid-week. I had expected a few more people out and about than there was, not that I am complaining. Some people thrive off the energy of crowds. If I can avoid them, I will. We went to the Pacific Undersea Gardens, which is always exciting for the kids. They didn't have a diver show running the day we went and yet when we got to the aquarium that they perform this in, the octopus was out and right up against the window. It was a very cool sight, to say the least.
We went to the wax museum next, which my kids have never been to and I haven't been since I was 11. The kids thought that this was pretty neat. They did remark however, that Cleopatra was immodest and that she should put some clothes on. I had to agree; at least some longer hair to cover things up. That is the world of art, I suppose.
After that we made our way over to the petting farm in Beacon Hill Park, which is always one of our favorite things to do. We were able to see a VERY new little goat. So sweet. I love that my children love animals.
The last thing that we did on the Wednesday was Miniature World, which was fun, but also frustrating. When we arrived, they people at the front desk informed me that I was not allowed to take any food or drink in, absolutely fine, except that they said this upon seeing my wee little baby's bottle. They informed me that I could come back out of the exhibits and feed her and then go back in again, which I proceeded to do, a few times. I am not sure what the difference was, but I obeyed.
Thursday we got a late start. We decided to spend our day at the museum and the imax. My kids LOVE the museum, but the imax on top of that was just too much fun. We saw Ocean Oasis. There is something about the sea and the creatures in it, we all love anything to do with it. Good time, great memories. We will be back next year.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!