Kids Say The Darndest Things!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some conversations that I have had with the kids lately;

Me: Noelle would you read me the rest of that book we started this morning?
Noelle: (discouraged) Uh, but that book has WORDS in it!


Me: Bergen, I would really appreciate if you could please talk to me with respect and not act like a rude boy as you are NOT a rude boy.
Bergen: Well.......... I might be!

Me: (after a visit from Lisa Burbank, her 2 girls and twin boys, as I was tucking Emma in bed) Emma, do you know what, today I asked Lisa if her boys thought that they looked alike and she said that she wasn't sure because she had never asked them before. So she asked them and can you guess what they said? They said No, they didn't think that they looked like each other at all. Isn't that funny?!
Emma: giggle, giggle...Maybe they should look in the mirror.

Me: Tate could you please go out of my room. I am trying to get Nya to sleep. (repeat over a dozen times) Tate could you please go out, I have to get Nya down so that I can get to work.
Tate: Oh, mommy (with amusement in his voice) you don't go to work!
Me: Well, what do I do then?
Tate: You stays home and goes to stores.
Thank you to Shannon Wight for the photos!

1 comment: