Our Next Project

Monday, June 14, 2010

When we first started our landscaping we reserved a space in our backyard that faces the pond for a pergola. It gets wonderful sun all day long. For 3 years now we have run out of summer and never had a chance to do it. This is the year!
Today Darren took me to Victoria General Hospital for my post opp. appointment and then he took the rest of the day off to be with me. On the way home he said that we should start planning the pergola and asked me what I wanted it to look like - I had idea's but not an exact picture, so when we got home, I googled! After a good number of pictures, I can across a photo and I knew immediately that it was the one! I am so excited, I can barely stand it.


This is our inspiration. I love the simple lines of it. I am the kind of person who could get very tired of something too fancy or ornate. I am a simple girl (some call it boring, I prefer classic) I love how it looks like a beamed ceiling.
I found a black hanging candelabra on eBay, kind of like the one below, that I will use as in the picture above.


And for a little interest and decoration, I will be on the look out for some old brackets to add to it.




Hopefully by the end of this month we will have at least begun this project and I will have my own pictures to share with you!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!