The Boys Room

Friday, July 16, 2010

I finished most of the sewing for the boys room. I still have a bit to go, but I need a break for a while. It is coming along well - although I wish my sister-in-law was here to take the pictures instead of me. I am not a photographer. Nothing ever looks as good in a picture I take as it looks in real life, but it will have to do.This room has been a long time in the making. It started with a silver airplane from Home Sense and went from there.


This room has been a long time in the making. It started with a silver airplane from Home Sense. 
I found the red buckets at Home Depot to hold toys and books. 
I bought a Ralph Lauren sheet set from Winners that I made into duvet covers. 
The curtains and blue pillows are from yards and yards of really nice heavy fabric that I have had now for 4 years. I found it at Walmart for $1.97 a meter, so although I didn't know what I was going to do with it at the time, I bought it all. 
The red stripped pillows are from an old pillow sham that I took apart and sewed into new pillows. The airplane accents were all from Home Sense.
And the red clock that looks like it was meant for this room is from Walmart. 
Darren made the letters T & B out of mdf as well as the wainscotting on the wall for around $30. He just bought a big sheet of it and cut it into strips. It turned out really well and so much cheaper than other ways we have done it before.
My goal was to create a space for my boys that they liked as well and one that I liked, and to spend as little money as possible. I used a lot things I already had or could make. I didn't have to spend a lot of money, the boys like it and it looks a little more finished than it did before. 



















1 comment:

  1. I love their room and the colours! My little red wagon I bought up there would be perfect for their room! Maybe I'll have to do a red and white theme for Aubrey's new room and use it there as I won't have a back yard!!

    ReplyDelete