After hunting all over town for white pumpkins, I decided to just buy a package of orange ones and try spray painting them. I already had the paint so I thought I might as well give it a try. I taped off the stems and got busy. They turned out pretty good, except that they come from the store covered in lacquer to help preserve them. The spray paint doesn't stick really well to it. But as long as I don't fiddle with them too much, or handle them too often, or look at them the wrong way, they should be fine for a couple of weeks. (I did also spray a pumpkin that wasn't covered in lacquer and the paint stuck really well)
You can buy mini white pumpkins from superstore, but they only come in a package with colored pumpkins, which are cute. I actually do like color, really I do! (orange is one of my most favorite colors to dress my boys in) If you want color, they would be great. They also have little packages of artificial orange and white pumpkins for around $5. And they said that they will be getting some large white pumpkins in, a little later in the month. So next year if I wanted mini white pumpkins again, I would try and find some artificial ones and paint them instead. That way I can have them year after year. But for now it is something.
Now Christmas on the other hand - that's my holiday! And there will be color!
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!