Dust Buster's

Monday, September 14, 2009






One of my greatest challenges is going to be house cleaning. I like a clean house. So today we cleaned the house for school! If you are familiar with Leadership Education, you know how important it is to have your little ones learn to work right along side you as you work. I have been reading a book entitled The Potentially Sane Mother's Guide to Raising Young Children by Tamara A. Fackrell . I am really enjoying the book, although she does seem to have a very fun way to do everything and sometimes I just don't feel like being fun. Some people just are FUN, I have to work a little harder at it. It has helped me remember to be a little more creative and have a lot more fun. So today, inspired by her, we became the Dust Buster's on Mission White Glove! We cleaned every surface upstairs in our home (we did not get to the downstairs). The kids earned tickets for every job they performed. The tickets would be used later that evening for f.h.e. when we were going to have a movie theater night in our home. They not only got to use the tickets for admittance, but also for gummy bears, licorice and popcorn. They thought that this was a great idea and worked very hard with almost no complaining. Darren has always wanted a projector, I didn't care either way, in fact I think I may have even tried to dissuade him a couple of times, but I am now so glad that he got his wish. It has turned out to be very fun. When it was time to begin the movie I asked the kids to get their tickets ready, Bergen could not find his. The other kids all pitched in to 'pay' his way for him. They were all very generous and because of their generosity I told them that if they each handed in all their tickets, they could have what ever they wanted. I am happy, I have a clean house, well half a house. The kids are happy, they got a great night in at the movies!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!