
Blogs are so funny. For the most part we blog about the happy, funny, cute moments of our lives, not the times we thought that at least 1 of us in the house, if not more, might not make it through the day in one piece. It can be a very surreal experience, especially when you read other's blogs and wonder why they live such hunky dory lives. As I look back through my own blog, I feel like Harry Potter as his friends are describing all the incredible things that he has done and he says, "It all sounds great when you put it like that, but I didn't know what I was doing half the time and I nearly always had help." Plus, as people, I think we want to remember the good and not dwell on the bad. But the adventures I write about, especially when it comes to home schooling should be taken as described by Harry Potter. I write about the things we did, not necessarily that so and so screamed the whole time or that the children fought like cats and dogs that day or that I had a teething baby and between her and the 4 others all wanting my attention to help them with something, they viewed as more important than what I was already doing with someone else, I felt like I couldn't even think straight. This is, I am discovering, going to be a balancing act like no other, an experience that will stretch me in all area's, particularly in patience. I love it some moments and in the very next I wonder how in the world I am ever going to teach 5 people all they need to know. So when you read my blog, I hope you will keep in mind these 2 things; first - that I WOULD NOT change this for the world, even though it is hard it is also SO wonderful and second - it all sounds great when you say it like that, but I didn't know what I was doing half the time and I nearly always had help!
No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!