2 blogs into 1

Monday, July 18, 2011

I have been feeling the need to simply my life. Managing 2 blogs is too much. I have also been feeling the desire to post less about our home and the projects we are doing. I love it, I hope I always will, but priorities have changed and I need to focus my efforts else where. So for now I will only be posting on our family blog. We have been doing some renovations around here but they are not cosmetic, they are internal. We don't know what this means or where it may take our family! But we do have quite a few loose ends to tie up and unfinished projects to complete.
One of them being the master bathroom......

{before}
This bathroom took longer than I ever expected it would, but I was very patient where I normally am not.
I usually make due with "good enough" and then when I find "just perfect" I always wish I had taken my time.
We have a couple of minor things left to do, but for the most part we are done.

{after}









 Darren was not at all excited when I told him that I wanted to paint the walls all white. He now thinks it turned out really nice - why does he still doubt, silly boy!
(I must admit if I were to be honest I had my concerns as well. We had never done board and batten all the way to the ceiling before, and white at that. I almost talked myself out of it several times. In the end I am glad that I stuck to my original vision. It is so bright and clean.)


I have a couple of black and white photos that Shannon took of us when she was here that I want to frame and hang on this blank wall. But that will have to wait until the next time I get over to Ikea. It is a long and expensive trip for $20 picture frames. But I will get there.... someday...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE IT!!! It turned out beautiful!! You have such amazing talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It is so elegant. Job well done Shelli :)

    ReplyDelete