the full McCullough family photo shoot

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My sister-in-law, Shannon, came up a couple of weekends ago to take some photos of the whole McCullough clan for her parents. She is such an amazing photographer. As I watched her work I felt 2 things: first of all - I was in awe of her talent and ability to know what to do, where to stand, and every other thing that needs to be taken into consideration when shooting outside - wind, sun, shadows, bees! Secondly - I do not want her job! The seemingly simple task of taking a picture is not so simple. Trying to co-ordinate 12 children, to have then all smiling and looking at the camera at the same time, as Shannon sets the timer and runs back to join us for the picture, in the hopes that everyone will be looking ahead, hopefully smiling, but in the very least not crying, is about as chaotic as it sounds. She did it, as she always does, with patience and kindness and incredible crazy camera skills. Shannon, thank you! I feel like the luckiest mom, sister, daughter, auntie, and wife to have every single 1 of these people in my family! I love you all.












1 comment: