pencil cases

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In celebration of a new school year I wanted to put together a pencil case filled with new pencils, stickers, scissors, glue, ect. for each of the kids. So off I went to Walmart (dragging Julianne with me!) to stock up on school supplies. But then we ended up in the fabric isle! When I saw all the fun prints they have I thought that it would be so much more fun to sew new pencil cases instead of buying them! The fabric is pretty thin though, so I used an iron on interfacing to stiffen it up a bit. With the exception of Bergen's they all turned out pretty cute. I will have to sew another 1 for him. It is tricky to find a fabric for a boy his age. It cannot be too "little boy" for him, and a girl can only take so much camo in her life after all. 

(Julianne, how does 1 go back to sewing with scissors after using a rotary blade!? I do not think it is possible!)

for Emma


for Noelle



for Tate





3 comments:

  1. those are SUPER cute! I love the fabric!
    I got a rotary blade a while ago but didn't have a large cutting mat, I just found one at a thrift shop and I'm so excited to be able to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome! Way to go :) It's true the blade is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS these are cute!!!! I especially love Emma's :)

    ReplyDelete