Bathroom Re-do

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


When we moved into this house I thought that it was very nice, but it was never really mine. Slowly, room by room, we are making it ours. In the process of doing the boys room (which is soon to be completed) I got inspired and decided to re-do the kids bathroom. Warning: For those color loving friends of mine out there you will probably not like it very much, but I really do like the way it turned out. I love all white bathrooms, but I have never been brave enough to do it, thinking that it would be too boring. Changing the cupboards and the counter was not an option right now, so we just worked with what we had and some day we will change those things, but for now and especially since it is the kids bathroom, this will do. We have a couple of little things left to do like changing the light fixture and figuring out how to finish the mirror frame that Darren made for the mirror that was already there. I had an idea but after it was made I liked the way it looked so much that I think I changed my mind about what I was going to do. Now I think I will leave it natural and just protect it somehow, or I will end up finishing it and spray the picture frames a dark color, I don't know, we'll see. It was a cheap, fast fix up but for a can of paint, $20 dollars in wood and trim, a few hours and a willing husband I think it turned out pretty good.

before


after











2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Shelli, you have a gift that I wish I had an ounce of. I love the natural wood with the white. Can you come to my house and decorate. She should sell your services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white much better, it doesn't look boring, it looks clean and bright. I like the wainscotting too, it adds the character it was missing that the rest of the house has.

    ReplyDelete