from 1 blade to another

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fencing ended last week for the summer. Some weeks I felt like I actually knew what I was doing and other weeks I felt really off, but I always learned something and I let the times that I didn't perform so well inspire me on to do better the next week. I loved it though and I will continue on with it in the fall.
My friend Rachel and I have been talking about learning to row for a long time, so with fencing ended and rowing beginning the very next week, I signed up and we had our first class tonight. I couldn't have loved it more! I didn't know what I was doing or how to do it, but it was so peaceful and relaxing. I loved, loved, loved every minute of it and I did not want to go back in to shore. The very best part of all is getting to experience it with Rachel! We are peas from the same pod! Thanks Rach. Coming home to a nice warm house was pretty pleasant too! (the ocean is still down right COLD in June)
If the weather is nice Darren and the kids will come down to the beach on Saturday and take some pictures for me to post later.

1 comment:

  1. FUN!! I did some rowing in my last year at university and loved it. It's like yoga on the water - so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete