everyone is doing it!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Today was the day for me to start doing something I have never had the desire to do before. Running, that is. I packed a bag with snacks and a blanket, piled all the kiddo's in the van, tied up my shoes and drove to the track. I was interested to see how it would all work out, with 5 kids in tow that is. It was so great! With a fence running around the whole perimeter of the track, a playground inside the fence, and my older children helping, everyone was kept safe and happy. They sat on the blanket and ate. They played on the playground. They ran/walked with me! They cheered me on, and we all had a wonderful time. I ran/walked 4.4 km, which is not a lot for some, but it is more than nothing, which is my record so far! I am actually excited about going again tomorrow! 




3 comments:

  1. A fence and a park! ooohhh sounds tempting :) Good job on your run/walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! That's awesome! And you said you couldn't run!! Glad you enjoyed it. It's even better when you get to do it 100% alone :)

    ReplyDelete