paradise

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This post was long in coming.

 I have accepted reality once more, I have gone through the one-thousand pictures we took, and it is time to blog.

We arrived in Oahu late at night. I was so tired that after we checked in, we found something to eat, and then I went to bed. 

When we awoke, this view met our eyes . . . 


I cannot imagine any words that could do justice to this experience. Nothing could describe the beauty, or the feel of being in that place. 


The next 7 days went by in a blur. We did so very much, and yet I felt so relaxed the entire time. We went to beach after beach, of course. We hiked Diamond Head, we went to the zoo, we drove up to the north shore, we went to the temple, and we spent one day at the Polynesian Cultural Center (which was my FAVORITE part). We surfed and suntanned, we hiked up to Manoa Falls, we snorkelled in Hanauma Bay, we ate great food, we checked out Turtle Bay, we shopped at the International Market Place, and we went to the Dole Plantation. We even saw fire works, twice! - once from our balcony and once while sitting on the beach.

The birds, the vegetation, the views! I felt as though I was in the middle of a movie the whole week.

~ Waikiki, Honolulu ~





(Brent & Darren)





















~ Diamond Head ~



(Darren. He is not falling, as our children thought he was. He is having fun running up and jumping off the sides of the crater walls)


~ the Hilton Hawaiian Village ~








 ~ the Zoo ~

















  ~ the Chinaman's Hat ~



 ~ Turtle Bay Resort ~








(Tracey checking out the blow hole, and getting a surprise)





~ the North Shore ~









~ the fireworks from our balcony ~



~The Dole Plantation~










~ the Temple ~









 ~ The Polynesian Cultural Center ~



~ Manoa Falls ~












 I am hooked.

 I am so grateful for those who took such great care of our children (thank you, thank you, thank you), for the time I was able to spend with my husband, and for the fun that we had with Brent and Tracey (perfect travelling companions). 

I cannot wait until next time!! 



4 comments:

  1. I like the pictures. I need to share some pictures with you. I seriously have like 2 hours at home each day. I hate how busy I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures!!! Glad you had such an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!! Love your photos, and I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for these! Awesome photos - it looked like such a great time!

    ReplyDelete