Gabriola Island

Sunday, August 5, 2012


Darren took Friday off work and asked me if there was anything I would like to do.
After hearing about the Kingsley's recent visit to Gabriola, 
we thought that would be a perfect place to spend the day.
Niether of us had ever been there, in all the years we've lived here.






  On the ferry. 



A quick stop for food.


Sandwell Provincial Park

















Malaspina Galleries Regional Park







Emma thought this log looked just like a crocodile!


That is her - being eaten by said log.









Ice cream at The Gabe Shop






And last of all, I wish we had gone here first, although we never would have left, 
and we wouldn't have seen all the other places we did - Gabriola Sands Provincial Park. 
I think it is also known as Twin Beaches. A local at the ice cream shop told us about it. 
I want to take the kids back here, just here, and stay all day!













Heading home on the ferry. 
The perfect ride - long enough to be fun and short enough to maintain the novelty.


Wiped out after one fun, full day.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh!! Looks like fun. I want to go to Gabriola Sands too (with Justin this time, so I can bring a book along)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looked like an awesome day! Emma being eaten by the crocodile was tragic but funny :)

    ReplyDelete