a fresh new year

Thursday, September 6, 2012

At the end of May my heart is light and the skies seem extra blue - Summer is here {in regards to the end of homeschool, that is}.
In August the panic and doubt start to creep back in. 
Slowly. 
In from the back door, disguised as unease.
Another year is approaching, and I have yet to begin to prepare. 
I will be, once again, responsible for the education of these children. 
Daunting. 
But this year is going to be different. I say that every year, but this year... this year it really, truly is. 
I pray for help and guidance.
And then I being my planning. 
The ideas fill my mind so quickly I fear I will not be able to remember them. 
I scramble for paper and I feel that peace that always comes - everything will be okay. It will all work out. 
They will learn. I can teach. And we will have fun. 
I read this not long ago on pinterest and decided that it would be my personal theme for this year of home schooling:


And for the children:


You have to have a sense of humor if you're gonna make it out alive!

Whatever your style of learning, from our home {school} to yours, have a good one!


As for Long Beach - It was damp and cold, with some sun, but still so much fun.




I was so careful in my packing. I packed enough clothes for 10 children, but when it came to shoes, 
they grabbed what they did on the way out the door. You would think I would check at least Nya, 
but she always gets her shoes, and I assumed she would pick her crocs. But no. 
Not good enough for this lady. She prefers to camp in ballet flats!
(we stopped and bought her some flip-flops on the way)











Nya did not leave my sight. Not for one minute of one day. 
Wherever I went, there too you could find Nya.
Whereas the other children where off with their cousins and friends.
Therefore, most of the pictures I took were of Nya.

My 2 favorite things:
Listening to the waves all night as we slept. Incredible!
and
Tacofino
If you like mexican food, and you are ever up Tofino way, please promise me you will eat here!
I waited for 45 minutes and paid $11 dollars for the BEST fish burrito I have ever eaten, 
and I would do it again!



And when good shoes are in need of a wash, I put them in the machine.
When they come out I fill them will cloths and let them air dry. They always come out great. 
I figure if the shoes are wrecked anyway, why not give it a go.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!