cabbage patch and kids

Friday, September 7, 2012

We have been purging like mad around here, attempting to regain some order. We have never lived in a house for more than 2 years, upgrading to this house. We have been here for 6 years now! I know that is not long in the grand scheme of things, but for us that is enough time to have filled every corner, every closet, and each square inch of storage space with stuff. Things are beginning to spill and spread....everywhere. I was dejunking the backyard, and I was able to get rid of all the broken, unused, and out-grown kids toys (that felt SO good!). I also went through all my old garden pots and ended up giving most of them away. I only kept a couple. I haven't filled pots in years. But since we are fixing up the front of the house -staining and painting and adding trim, I thought I would buy plants for my pots to put on the front porch.
So off I went to the Nursery today. I had some specific flowers in mind - which they didn't have. And then I saw these -



 Ornamental cabbage. 
I remember the first time I ever saw these plants. I was NOT a fan.
Why would one put vegetables (even ornamental) in pots at their front door?
But today.... today I kind of liked them.
I thought that they would be just the thing.
Now the real test - if they are still there in the morning!
Those deer, I may kick myself for buying them, while they thank me for the tasty treat.





 I am finished this front area - staining, and repainting the trim. 
So much house to go yet.
But shingle by shingle we must finish before the wet weather comes. 


Oh, and this. 
This is my door bell. 
It was one of the very first things I noticed when we came to view this house 
and I have loved it every day since. 
Can one actually be in love with their door bell? 
Well I am.
I am sure you don't care, but there it is, nevertheless.


And while I worked away on the house, the boys did this:


 Over and over, down the hill. 
It made me laugh.
Reminded me a very large amount of a biker and his babe.
(I love Bergen's face in the first picture)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!