If You Want To Find Treasure, Sometimes You've Got To Dig

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We have a thrift shop in town that I always drop off my donations at, but never go in to look. I am not a digger by nature. My mom on the other hand, can go into a shop like this and search out great finds.

One Saturday I decided to go in! I found a great bed for Noelle that I bought and have yet to transform (its been added to my list). I also spotted an old wooden door that I knew would be perfect for our office (which is also in the process of change) as a chalkboard. I didn't buy it though. I thought about it for a couple of weeks and then decided to go back and see if it was still there.... It was - so for a few dollars I took the old door home with me and wondered what I was going to tell Darren. He surprised me by not thinking it was weird at all. He lovingly sanded it down for me and I painted the inside panel with chalkboard paint. I love the way it turned out. Now I have a place to write down Darren's messages for him to see at the end of the day and I think it adds character to our pretty plain office.


before

during

after




Tate practicing his T's





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!