home

Sunday, June 24, 2012

We made it over to Vancouver Thursday evening, and headed to the Vadocz's house. After a great sleep we were off to Seattle with Jen Vadocz, making us a party of 3!


I think we all felt like princesses once we arrived at the Hotel. Valet parking opened our doors and took the car away to be parked. We checked in, and then went shopping. Shannon and Aubrey joined us for the day. Aubrey did so well! There was so much to see, I don't think we saw half of what we wanted to, but what we did see was enough. Most things were within walking distance. Otherwise, we were driven around in the hotel car. Those seats! - your body just melted into those seats. Even though it rained cats and dogs, we stayed pretty dry and had a ton of fun.



Our room was beautiful. I want to thank my brother-in-law, Jared, who works at the front desk of the Fairmont. He took such good care of us.





 This was probably my most favorite part of the room- the humongous dressing area. 
What a treat!



Me - trying to stay dry!


Cheeky Monkey 
( a.k.a. Aubrey with plastic friend)


 The market was fun to visit. If I lived in Seattle I would go there every week just to get fresh flowers. They were big and beautiful and just pennies a piece.






Friday evening we ate dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I ordered fish tacos. They came with a side of rice and black beans. 
I cannot begin to describe to you just how incredible the food was. 



 Saturday morning Rachel and Jen began their half marathon. I waited at the finish line under the Space Needle.






 Congratulations you two! It was one of the most inspiring things I have ever seen -
Not only them and their strength and determination, but as the crowds cheered everyone on I found myself getting choked up.



My favorite parts:
- the company
- the couch I slept on at the Vadocz's house (who knew a couch could be that comfy)
- the hotel
- spending time with Aubrey and Shannon and getting to see their place 
(I love the court yard garden just outside your door)
- downtown shopping 
- the food 
- the outlet mall (a first for me, as was almost everything else)
- finding some really great deals
- seeing the girls after the race (again, way to go!)

Seattle - It was so much fun to visit you. I cannot wait to go back!
Maybe next year I will actually run. Maybe, just maybe........

But now I am home again, and happy to be so. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a wonderful trip! I am so glad to hear you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good time!

    I totally get what you mean about getting chocked up because of the race environment. I volunteered at a race last weekend. It was a 5/10k women's run with lots of mother/daughter combos. The gal who won first place in the 5k doubled back after finishing to jog with her mother. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen and I couldn't help but tear up. I saw many others holding hands as they ran and some definite running mamas slowly jogging so their little one could keep up. Seeing and hearing people helping and encouraging each other was so heart warming. Races are such feel-good events!!

    ReplyDelete