Seattle

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I am leaving for Seattle today. Just myself and a friend - no children. I get to see my incredible sister-in-law, do some shopping, eat fabulous food and..... 



....... sleep here. The Fairmont.


I don't do this very often, go away overnight. But by the time summer comes around, after a long, happy, exhausting, fabulously fun year of home schooling, I recognize the need to.

Once upon I time I felt guilty when I desired time for myself. Those feelings left when homeschooling began. I am so grateful that I get to live this life. I get to have my children with me all day, every day. I do not need to tell you that it is not always a fairy tale. Those hard days are there and they are real, nevertheless, I choose this life! And although it is an all consuming way of living, I feel so blessed.

I am also ever grateful for a husband who understands and encourages me to do things for myself - things I enjoy. For 2 whole days I will not wipe a nose or a bottom. For 2 whole days I will not make a meal or wash a dish. And when I return I know that I will be eager to step back into my place as mom, and wrap my world around my most favorite people. But for 2 whole days that world is expanding, and I cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. so excited!
    I need a break from just one child, can't imagine homeschooling with 5! I'm looking forward to the shopping break though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! It sounds like it will be a wonderful and much deserved break!

    ReplyDelete