Fun Summer Finds

Monday, July 5, 2010






We love to entertain, especially during the summer. What better to have at a BBQ than lemonade! After much searching I found this juice dispenser from Canadian Tire. I love it - it holds up to 192 ounces/24 cups of liquid, it dispenses juice at a moderate speed, not too fast, which is great for kids {now they don't spill while trying to pour from a pitcher} and best of all it has a really charming old fashioned look.
One thing I was concerned about was the fact that, like some glass juice dispensers, it did not come with a base to stand it on. You have to put it on the edge of the counter in order to put your cup underneath. So I cut out a piece of plastic mesh shelf liner or area carpet non-slip padding that I had left over from other projects - now it sticks really well to the counter and you cannot see it when it is filled with lemonade. The night I bought it we had a dinner party that included 14 children - it passed the test. The kids loved it and I didn't have to refill it once!

The metal caddy was actually found by my friend Rachel while we were shopping at Winners. When she said she wasn't going to get it I scooped it up. I didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it, {so many possibilities - I thought cupcakes would be cute}. Rachel said that she saw something similar that was used for glasses. Great idea!

We are all set now with a cute and practical way to serve beverages at our parties. Enjoy your summer!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!