Lavender

Friday, July 2, 2010





One of my main motivators for growing a beautiful flower garden has always been my dream of being able to walk out my door, gather an arm full of freshly cut flowers and bring them inside. I love fresh flowers in the house, and when they come from your own garden they are somehow even more special. One of my favorite things is lavender. It smells so good, it looks so great, and you can do so many things with it. It attracts a wide range of bees - which we DO want for pollination! It is very easy to grow. You can purchase a plant for under $5 and in only a couple of years you will have a big beautiful lavender bush to enjoy - outside or inside ... or both.

Tip for drying lavender: If you harvest your lavender before it is ready it will droop and dry that way. To solve this problem just hang it upside down until it is dry and stiff and it will stay that way when you put it in a vase or pot.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!