A few of our favorites:

Friday, October 1, 2010

I am always on the lookout for really great books. 
 When I am at the library, whether or not I pick up a book is usually based on its illustrations. They seal the deal for me (isn't that what our mother's taught us all NOT to do - judge a book by its cover). I know, I am probably missing out on some really great stories. 
But I just thought I would share some of our most beloved story books with you.
The first 5 are all written by the same author, she is one of our favorites - Amy Krouse Rosenthal. She has a great sense of humor, which she uses to get important messages across to children. Read her, she is just fun!
Sophie's Masterpiece by Eileen Spinelli, Someday by Alison Mcghee, and The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton all made me cry (but I am a big baby when it comes to things like that).
Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett is a great little book to introduce how punctuation can completely change the meaning of a sentence. 
And Wynken, Blynken and Nod by Eugene W. Field, first published in 1889, is just a wonderful old classic. 
(I actually hand painted that poem all along the walls of Bergen's bedroom in our last house, and if you can believe it, I didn't take a picture. And it was cute, darn it!)










No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!