A Jane Austin Era

Friday, November 5, 2010

I DO NOT like pictures of myself. Maybe I am vain or maybe I have some twisted view on reality and I believe I look different that I actually do. I can imagine what ever I want to in my mind, but when I am confronted with reality in the form of a picture there is no denying the truth - This is as good as it gets!

Bergen has become quite the little photographer. He took this picture of me (he is always doing that without my knowledge) I actually like this picture. It reminds me of Pride and Prejudice and I can imagine living back then, when everyone was proper and rode around in buggies or walked to town - When the ladies sat around doing their needlework and talking about prospective husbands - Going to balls and wearing pretty dresses and giggling with your sisters. In reality it was probably rather boring, but in my head it is romantic. And so I love this picture because it reminds me a a time past, a time lost really, a time I would have been happy to have known.

2 comments:

  1. Shelli,
    I think that is interesting. It reminded me of a picture Julianne took of me when we were at Long beach. It reminded me not of an era but a type of personality (for lack of a better word). I was wearing a hemp necklace, comfy clothes, child on my hip, no makeup and messy hair. I loved that picture of me. It is not what my life style is but I sure enjoy it when I get it. Just another example of how wonderfully different we are. I hope you understand that I admire everything about you and say this as just a very fun and interesting observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the one on your blog on the right when your smiling. It's my fav

    ReplyDelete